Coffee can be made in a variety of ways! This article explores the pros and cons of different home coffee makers, with a comparison of these methods to takeaway coffee made by baristas.
The French press is a classic home coffee maker. It immerses the coffee grinds and then filters them with a sieve and plunger.
- The French Press allows you to make large amounts of coffee at a time – perfect for when you’re hosting guests.
- The coffee is strong and pure.
- You are in control. You can choose the strength of your coffee, the amount of time it brews and the taste.
- The French Press is not the easiest option to use. You have to be aware of it, as letting it sit for too long will ruin the coffee, whereas not letting it brew for long enough will also leave you disappointed.
- Clean-up involves throwing sludge away and it may not be easy without a garbage disposal.
Stove top coffees, also known as Moka Pot coffees, place water in a bottom compartment with coffee inserted above. The bubbling of the water extracts coffee from the grounds and creates a thick, concentrated coffee.
- Stove top coffees are easy to clean
- The coffee created is concentrated, rich and thick.
- You choose what type of beans and coffee you want to use.
- Stove top coffee takes time to master and is difficult to control. It’s easy to over-brew and under-brew.
- You have to pay close attention to it.
Putting a pod into an instant coffee maker machine is a choice many of us go to.
- Using pods is easy – you simply place them in and click on a button.
- It is a fast and time-efficient process
- They are easy to clean.
- Pods are not a cheap option.
- Most machines don’t make good coffee.
- Some pods are difficult to recycle and therefore, are not good for the environment.
- They aren’t freshly grounded.
Take Away Barista Coffee
Buying a coffee at a local coffee van on the way to work also yields appeal.
- You don’t have to worry about clean-up.
- You are guaranteed a good cup of coffee. You don’t have to watch it brew and worry about over or under-brewing your coffee.
- It is fast and efficient
- You get more variety
- Buying takeaway coffee can be expensive. It is cheaper to brew at home.
Xpresso Mobile Café is a premium mobile coffee van franchise serving customers across Australia. We provide coffee van options from nearby franchisees with expertise, quality equipment and delicious food and beverages. If you’d like to find out about mobile coffee van hire or franchise opportunities, please contact us online.